How do I connect my D Link router to my Extender?
If your router supports WPS then it’s too easy to connect the wi-fi Extender with the D-Link router. Follow these steps to connect your Wi-Fi extender with the router:
- Plug-in the Dlinkap Wi-fi extender in the power socket, which one is nearest to your broadband router.
- Check the extender on/off button, if that button is still off then on it. Wait for a couple of minutes for the dlinkap extender to boots up the Wi-Fi and the red light to turn into greed steady light.
- Press the WPS button of the router
- Press the WPS button of dlinkap wi-fi extender and wait for some minutes
- Wait until the light stop blinking and turn into solid led light, the dlinkap extender is now connected with your router.
Now, you can enjoy the network without any disruption
How do I connect my d link Wi-Fi extender to my router without WPS?
Manual Set-up between the dlinkap wi-fi extender and Dlink router without WPS:
- Plugin the dlinkap extender in the power socket
(Note: the light will turn on in red and slightly start blinking orange)
- Now scan the wireless network through a wireless computer/device and connect to the predefined SSID (network)
- Open a browser like Chrome, Firefox, internet explorer, or any other which is available in your system. And enter the URL: dlinkap.local or http://dlinkap.
- That URL will redirect to dlink router login page (range extender configuration page) and Install Wizard will appear
If you cannot get access through dlinkap.local then enter the IP address http://192.168.0.50Note must get connected with Dlinkap extender Wi-Fi signal to get access the above site, while these whole processes you don’t have the internet access
- d’link router login details: enter the default username and password
- Now, you get accessed the dlink login admin page
- Select the Language >ok
- Click on the option Extend and Existing wi-fi network
- Now the dlinkap wifi extender scan the network and display all list of available networks
- Select the network to whom credential you already have and you want to extend that
- If the network, we want to get connected to is security enabled, then at the time of connection that wi-fi will prompt your password
- Enter the password and click Next
- Here you can specify the name of your dlinkap wi-fi extender which will broadcast
- Enter the network name for the 2.4 GHz network name field and 5 GHz network name field and enter a new password for Wifi password field
Note: Our suggestion is to keep different the 2.4 GHz network name field and 5 GHz network name field name. Then you will easily identify which one is the 2.4 GHz network and the 5 GHz network
Note: If you see only one of the networks then understand that your device will support that network only
- Create password for configuration page access. That will help you while making changes to dlinkap extender setting in the future.
- Review the setting and Click Save then Finish
Conclusion: This article is all about How do I connect my D Link router to my Extender? How do I connect my d link Wi-Fi extender to my router without WPS? You can follow all steps and get connect your dlinkap extender with your dlink router with or without WPS. If still face any issue then visit dlinkap.local for more idea.